Why did Spain give Cesc the number 10 if he just stays on the bench?

Which player should actually be number 10 for Spain? Villa? Xavi?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cesc is one of the key players, he deserves the number 10. he's an intelligent midfielder,one of the best players in the world, and he has a great ability to score (this season he has scored the same amount of goals as Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso and Silva put together). I dont really understand why del bosque hasnt make him a starter in the WC. but i heard on the tv that cesc is not in his best condition (he might still recovering from injury).

Or maybe the coach wants to give some opportunity to some other players whose international caps are far below cesc (like busquets for example), thats okay though, everyone has a right to play. i just think that with cesc on the pitch, the game would be more lively. actually its kinda pissed me off to see a player like cesc to be benched but maybe the coach has his own strategy,lets hope he doesnt make a wrong decision. all the best for spain

• 5 years ago

ok, Fabregas definitely deserved it. He didn't start any of the games but that's because he's behind Xavi and Iniesta, both flock the creative midfield and Del Bosque wanted Xabi Alonso to be a total midfielder, which leaves out someone to hold the midfield and that would be Sergio Busquets. Fabregas almost scored the goal that would have won the World Cup (yes, he would be at Barcelona he scored), and Fabregas also made the perfect winning assist to Iniesta, not bad for a midfield that hasn't shown his true potential yet nor has he hit his prime yet.

• 1 decade ago

Cesc is the best number 10 they have!

Spain no wait Spain coach is dumb as heck!

Benching Cesc the player maker for that Barcelona no body!

• 1 decade ago

It should be Villa.

... Because Torres is the front man and Villa plays behind him (even though Villa manages to score more goals)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • He's recuperating from an injury and that's the main reason he's not starting and since Spain is not necessarily short in great midfielders, del Bosque prefers to bring him in slowly...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because the spanish coach is a complete d-bag, cesc deserves to play.... rather have him then that clown busquets

one love

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fabregas, the best player in the world, always a gooner.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For a standout performance. He's standing out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

good question,

its about time he started a game

Villa = 10

• 1 decade ago

coz he's hot :P

Vılla deserve ıt the most :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.