Did the beatles ruin music?

I think that psychedelic music ruined music with using drugs as an influence.I loved 1950's music and I even loved the "motown" sound of the mid 60's but when it adopted the psychedelic sound it went downhill.Disco dilluted soul music into the dance music that got a backlash in 1979 do to overexposure but in reality it was because a guy got fired cause his station turned from rock to disco and he was mad.After the Beatles music was no longer innocent!

When you have to listen to TODAYS crappy music like hip hop you will understand for the past 20 years baggy clothes sagging lil wayne baby kiss then you'll understand!

Best Answer

Nah,what caused music to go downhill is greedy music executives and labels who treat artists and bands like product!

It seems like when something is successful,the industry wants wants about a 100 more of it,I'll give you a few examples:

When The Beatles 1st became successful in England,every British label was sending A and R men to Liverpool thinking it was a gold mine for talent,in fact at that point it was safe to say if you had a "scouse"accent,you'd probably get a record contract,hell even Ringo's old band(Rory Storm and the Hurricanes)was signed.The reality was a lot of these bands went nowhere,I think largely due to oversaturation!

In 1964,when the British Invasion happened,suddenly record companies were looking for groups that either sounded British or had names that sounded British and again they proceeded to oversaturate the market with British Invasion sound and look alikes!

In the 1980's with the success of songs like Open Arms and Waiting for a Girl Like You,suddenly it seemed like every label was pressuring its acts to do a power ballad,now I have nothing against power ballads,but when it seemed like you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one.Again,the industry is guilty if oversaturating the market and people got sick of it!

In the early 1990's,when Nirvana became successful,it seemed like every record company in America went to Seattle,hoping to find "the next Nirvana",chances are if you were either from Seattle or wore flannel,you got a record contract and again the industry oversaturated the market!

Then there were the boy bands of the late 1990's,again the industry is guilty of oversaturating the market because once The Backstreet Boys and NSYNC became successful,suddenly every label had to have their own Backstreet Boys and would go out and find guys to fit the bill!

Need I go on...

Just consider with out The Beatles there might be no Nirvana, Metallica and all of the general bands round in these days. The Beatles have been those that modified rock song for the well. After Buddy Holly died not anything fairly occurred till the Beatles toured America and modified the whole thing.

Honestly, I've never heard a Beatles song in my life, but what do you have against disco...?

THEY INSPIRED MANY LEGENDARY ARTISTS THAT CAME OUT AFTER THEM. IF YOU WANNA BLAME SOMEONE FOR MUSIC OF TODAY BLAME THE MAJOR ARTISTS OF THE 80S CUZ THEIR THE ONES THAT MADE THE IMAGE IMPORTANT WHICH IS WHY TODAYS MUSIC IS ****

Excuse me?!?!!?!

No way are the BEST icons in the world

ruiners of music

wow.dude your still stuck in the 60's n 70's that is all ancient history who cares about it any more

no

www.thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com

LAY OFF THE CRACK!!

Please put down the crack pipe