15 year old friend may have imaginary friends? And lying problem? (Long Question)?

I’m 16 years old. I have a friend who is 15 and she makes up things constantly. She makes fake names of people who aren’t real. She says she motorbike races, hip hop dances, is on a swim team and football team. There are times she says she gets into fights, and she even puts Band-Aids on to make it look legit. The... show more I’m 16 years old. I have a friend who is 15 and she makes up things constantly. She makes fake names of people who aren’t real. She says she motorbike races, hip hop dances, is on a swim team and football team. There are times she says she gets into fights, and she even puts Band-Aids on to make it look legit. The thing is she is a soft spoken person who would never even get in a fight. I’ve know her for many years and I started to take notes one day on what she tells me(Obviously not in front of her. It was after we spoke), over the course of two years I’ve noticed the last names of the people change, and the locations and schools also change and none of them have a Facebook or Myspace. One time she told me the kid went to school at the town right next to ours and I asked my cousin if there was such a person in the school by that name and nothing. I fear she may have Imaginary friends? Or some type of mental disorder? What should I do? I’ve put much time and effort investigating this and these people do not exist, and now even a few other friends agree with me. We just want to be able to help her, and we realize we can’t play along with it if we want to help her.

Anyone who answers this and truly reads and gives time to answer, I promise I will give you best answer. =] Thank you all!
Update: We have tried to talk to her about it before but she gets really defensive.