Regret not playing football?

So I've got to get this off my chest. I'm about to enter my sophomore year and I'm currently in choir and drama. Now drama is an after school activity, choir is not. I had the chance to play football all through middle school and the first year of high school. But now with drama I have no time for football at all. Both of my brothers did drama and loved it. So i felt that I needed to join drama because of how fun it would be. But I LOVE football. I watch it all the time. Should I still be regretting football?

Favorite Answer

PLAY. I didn't play football until my sophomore year in high school and had regreted not playing in middle school. Football is the greatest game there is... I'm now obsessed with this game I've played for 3 short seasons and I haven't played in over a year, yet it still occupies my mind for 3/4 of every day.

This is too personal to really answer. For me, the team-building skills and lesson I learned from playing HS football (a funny one: how to spell "assume") are invaluable, but the sport isn't for everyone. If you're not enjoying football (or any other sport) it will feel like a job, or a burden- that's not a good mindset to have. That's how I felt with track & field... I was also doing AAU wrestling at the same time, but I felt T&F was getting in the way. I only did one year and never went back. I don't regret it at all, even after all these years. As a parent now, I think your family is coming from the thought that they want you to experience all you can while in HS. At the very least, they aren't pushing you to play- they're respecting your decision. I'm sure that they'll be happy so long as you're happy.

Yes. I am going into my Junior year at college and I still regret not playing football. But if you are only going to be a sophomore then it is not too late for you to try out for the team.

• Sure. You could be all state. I know you could.