Meg asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 years ago

What does "washout rate" mean?

I don't think i like the sound of it...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The washout rate is the "rate" or precentage of individuals whom fail out of a Techinal Training School in the military.

So schools with high washout rates means that its more likely that its more difficult than a career field with a low washout rate. (ie. Cook, low washout. Cryptologic Linguist or Special Forces, high washout rates.)

Source(s): I'm in the military and I know a few guys who got washed out from many a career field.
  • 10 years ago

washout rate means the rate of which people fail, so prolly the rate of people that fail out of basic traning

for example. the washout rate is 1 out of every 12 marines fail out of boot camp

(not true, just an example)

• 10 years ago

The washout rate is the average percentage of people who fail to meet the course standards - it varies from course to course.

Source(s): Army SFC
  • 10 years ago

'washout rate' means the percentage of people who fail a course. for example, the washout rate for BUD/s training is 75%. that means that on average, 75% of people who attend BUD/s will fail.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

It pretty much means you fail. For example in the marine corp and seal training once you have had enough you quit and find something else to do.

• In this context, washout = failure.

• 10 years ago

Simply put those who can't cut it,and quit or are thrown out

• 10 years ago

fail bootcamp and you will find out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.