How do you put animation in .jpg format?

i made a little video in flash but i want to put it as a .jpg photo so i can upload it to my facebook.

how do you change the video into a .jpg format with the loop and everything so it is still animated?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Leo D
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are multiple formats for animated JPeg-compressed images, but none of them are widely supported.

In light of this, and in my honest opinion, the third poster has the best answer so far that facebook doesn't accept animations.

Nonen's suggestion might help you out, but not the perfect answer since you specifically want to upload to facebook. Same with Hong Ying's and Astano's since you want an animation and not a slightly heavier video.

Gif also has patent issues, worse than JPeg's as an added disadvantage.

• 10 years ago

You can't. JPG format doesn't support animation, period. The best you could do to have a JPG animation on a website is to have multiple JPGs in a sequence and use Javascript to rapidly show them in succession. This is unlikely to look very convincing, though, especially on a slow computer, and would mess up if any one of the images failed to load properly. I could write the code to do it, although it probably would not work on a Facebook page.

• Astano
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Animated images have to be stored in an animated image format such as .gif (Which only supports 256 colors, so you'll lose quality!) Which isn't your biggest problem when you consider that Facebook doesn't allow animated images to be uploaded to the site. I would suggest you upload your flash file to a free web host (http://www.freehostia.com) and then link it to your facebook page by posting the URL as a status! Then everyone can see your flash animation.

Source(s): Flash Programmer and Website Designer
  • 3 years ago

Jpeg Animation

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

You cannot, the JPEG image format does not support multiple frames for animation - only GIF does.

• 10 years ago

jpg encoding does not allow for animation. You can only do it with gif images.

• DrDave
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

You dont. Jpeg doesnt support animation. Try Gif instead.

• 10 years ago

facebook doesnt accept animated pictures. :( believe me. ive tried. but animation is usually .gif format, not jpg.? o.o

• 10 years ago

There are a lot of sites that you can upload your sequence onto. Search some, and paste the link onto Facebook.

• 10 years ago

Make sure that your video is in the right format--MP4 for youtube. i recommend u convert ur video to the right format with leawo free video to flv converter. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-... a try

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.