Eddie Murphy or Richard Pryor?

i don't know about a hands down. its close!

dwayne your talking more of the he did it first. He had to have a certain vunerability. Before richard in superman three, can you name another black comedian in a movie. He paved the way for eddie. And eddie payed the way for chappelle who in all honesty had really no competition BUT is the only one to make a succesful comedy sitcom. So hes in a class by himself.

Favorite Answer

Richard Pryor. Without Richard there may have never been an Eddie or David or half the black comedians who don't bite their tongues. I loved it when he actually burnt himself by freebasing and the made jokes about it. He NEVER passed up a chance to make fun of anything!!!! I don't think a lot of the younger generation remember how big Richard was and how funny he really was...that movie he did about moving had to be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life. He had the Saab and hired the white kid to drive it out there and the moving company held his furniture hostage...that was FUNNY!!! He was the epitome of what a funny stand up comedian was. RIP Richard!!! I'm sure he's keeping heaven laughing each and everyday!!!

Peace, Love & Happiness

EDIT: Do I have your permission to beyotch all these kids who said Eddie Murphy or David Chapelle or someone else? They need to honor the "True" comedians

Richard Pryor, without a doubt. Before him, no one had ever done the kind of stand-up he performed. Today, stand-up comics are all following him.

Eddie's stand-up was great, but Richard Pryor was truly an original.

By the way, Bill Cosby was in movies long before Superman 3.

And I would throw Martin Lawrence in there before Dave Chappelle. Seems to me he followed Eddie the same way Eddie followed Pryor.

Eddie. Pryor's overrated

Richard Pryor

Richard Pryor was a genius, while Eddie is funny he really ain't in the same league.

In terms of stand up comedy, Richard by a mile. Eddie is funny, but was a little too vicious sometimes, especially some of his jokes about gay people. It all kind of made sense though after I learned he was caught soliciting a transsexual prostitute. He hated the gayness inside of him.

Source(s): Richard is the best comedian ever in my opinion because he was so vulnerable with his comedy. He put himself out there an made fun of himself as much as he did anyone else. There was something very tragic about his jokes, which puts him higher than Carlin, Hicks, Murphy, Chappelle etc. on my list of great comics.

Eddie Murphy.

• No.

Eddie Murphy from the RAW and Delirious years.

Source(s): Half!
  • ?

hands down eddie

RICHARD PRYOR

CAUSE HE WAS SMART AND CHOSE NOT TO MARRY A BLACK WOMAN

I MIKE HARRIS WOULD NO BE CAUGHT DEAD IN A K MART SHIRT OR WITH A DARK SKIN BLACK WOMAN

WHAT ELSE IS THERE LEFT TO SAY? #just askin

---------------

www.twitter.com/sexymikeharris