Is 15 to old to start ballet?

With no prior experience to dancing. Excpet 1 year of tumbling in 3rd grade, 1 year of gymnastics in 4th grade, and 1 season of cheer in 3rd which I absolutely hated.

And if it isn't too old, would they put me in my age group with all the girls who can actually ballet dance?

Favorite Answer

I have no prior experience and I'm starting in the fall at 32. You should be able to find a teen/adult beginner class.

I think your name is hilarious! Well while most girls start earlier than 15, that's still young! you would be fine. You would probably be in the easiest class with girls of your age in it. Like if there were the classes:

13-15

12-16

15-18

you would be in the first one and then if you were better, you will be moved up! Its happened to me before, so believe me, if it's to easy, they'll move you to your potential. You previous experience will help a little too. Don't worry, cheer is a lot different than dance.

Good Luck! <3 :P ;)

Your not too old, I knew a girl who started ballet when she was 18 and became very good. And no, they would put you with the beginner class with everyone else who is starting out. Good luck!

You are never to old or to young! You just have to work a little harder. I am an ABT student and we recently got a student who is 22 years old and she started dance at 14, and she is at ABT now!

Source(s): ABT dancer

Your never too old to pursue you dreams or passion.

Ballet is for ALL ages :)

Source(s): ballet dancer for 15 years