Charged with assault and battery on a police officer?

I beat up a cop because he searched my car without my consent. He was hospitalized. The judge released me until trial since i have ESRD and get dialysis 4 times a week. I wrote a note of apology to the cop and his family and now i am charged with intimidating a witness. I wasn't trying to intimidate anyone. i have a court date friday. what will happen to me?

Also nothing was found in my car after other cops got on scene.

Favorite Answer

Mmm. Sounds delicious, tenderized ham is good eating.

You can count on seeing the inside of a jail cell for some time.

You might get it reduced a little if the judge thinks you were truly sincere and remorseful, but I wouldn't count on it. A person who will physically attack an armed police officer is a serious danger to the rest of the public. Judges know that so I wouldn't expect much sympathy.

Also, the officer doesn't need your consent if they have probable cause. They can get that in several ways including a "plain sight" search and from smells.

Get your affairs in order because you will probably be spending some time in jail. If not, you should consider yourself insanely lucky (pun intended).

And.............your pants are on fire ! ! !