ttc one tube........?

about 2 YEARS AGO I HAD EPTOPIC PREGNANCIE and my right tube was removed, i now feel ready to start trying again for a baby, but one, is it possiable with one tube and would i still get the clear egg white to indicate my most fertile days with one tube, basically how would i know when im ovulating with one tube

• Leia

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. I had an ectopic February 2009 and had my right tube removed.

I have been seeing a Fertility Specialist for the past 6 months and yes, it is 100% possible to get pregnant with one tube! As long as you still have your left Ovary and there is not blockage in your left tube.

Here is the unfortunate part: Unless you are having an ultrasound done, you will not know what side you are ovulating from each month. Yes, you can do the Ovulation Predictor Kits, BUT, they do not tell you which side will be releasing your egg. It's just a waiting game.

Also, the theory of ovulating from side to side each month is FALSE. You can ovulate from the left side 3 months in a row! I DID! I saw it on the ultrasound too. The fertility nurses informed me that was false.

I also want to tell you that it is 100% possible for your left side to pick up the egg that was released from your right side (if you ovulated from the right side that month). If your tube is blocked, the egg will try to push down. If the tube is GONE, the egg will sometime float to the other side because it KNOWS there is no tube. Crazy, huh? I have learned so much from seeing a specialist!

Remember: It's all up to God and He has perfect timing!

Good luck to you :-)

• CHAR L

I am in the Medical Field Work for an OB and I am a Mother of 3

Yes, you can get pregnant with only one tube, but it is a little more difficult. You should speak with your GYN and have him or her do a full workup to insure that your ovary and one tube are in good working condition.