Sadcat
Sadcat asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Can someone who thinks Obama should stop the leak in the Gulf describe the specific technology he should use?

Let's hear it--details please!

No diversions. This isn't a question about cleaning up the oil spill or about who should pay. I'm aiming this question specifically at people who claim Obama has a specific responsibility to stop the leak. What technology, specifically should Obama use, and why would that particular technology be successful?

Favorite Answer

He should focus on cleanup and leave people who know what they are doing to clean it up. In the man time, he sould fire the newly appointed MMS (it has a new name now) head. This man is a lawyer and has no understanding of he oil and gas business and therefore no business "enforcing"

*sidenote: nuke's are honest to god the worst idea i've ever heard... any 'expert' who mentions this as a viable option is off their rocker.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO SUGGESTS NUKES.

Source(s): Petroleum Engineer worked GOM This sh!t is my job

So.. essentially what you're saying is that you think some random person from the internet will do a better job of dealing with problem than the man you voted for as president?

Sure, intelligent Americans have realized this was the case for more than a year now. But, given the way your kind worships the man I never thought the day would come when you'd admit how worthless he is.

Engineering, Obama should let any sound engineering technique be used and authorize BP to support his response ! There are many areas for such trials in the Gulf !

A local engineering professor was shown submitting a quite practical looking plug and procedure to BP officials but we have heard nothing of it. If you can cap at 5000 feet and you can drill at 5000 feet why can't you plug at 5000 feet? I have seen numerous solutions displayed on several TV sources.

• Ryan F

I have heard some people mention explosives...

I am, however, not among those looking to heap ALL the blame on Obama... the distaster is not his fault, but he deserves at least as much criticism for his response to the disaster as Bush got for his response to Katrina...

• maxmom

I would like to know this too. Some people act like Obama can stop it, like a parting of the red sea.

• ?

This is the best suggestion I have seen.

A solution to plug the BP oil well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFOp1kft7vc

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=player_embedded

• i am not hearing people say he should stop it, he is a community organizer. i would like him to answer why he is not accepting help from 30 countries though

Nuke. A large enough explosion would cause so much sediment to be moved around that it will likely seal any holes. Even if it didn't work, it would be better than doing nothing.

One dozen Faux 'News' spokesmodels and Rush Limpball as a 'junk shot' to plug the hole.