Stephen asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Will I still grow even though im 16?

I'm currently b/w 5 foot 7 - 8 inches. My dad is a little taller then me, maybe 5' 11''. My mom is shorter around 5' 6''. Im 16 years old and I have a shoe size of 13. Will I continue to grow some more? I don't recall having a major growth spurt yet

Favorite Answer

you will grow til your 18

Weight-bearing exercise and impact loading stimulate bone growth. Generally, three 20 to 30 minute sessions a week are sufficient. If you can and want to do more, go for it! Activities such as walking, running, aerobics or climbing stairs are also excellent forms of exercise to aid in bone growth.

You should incorporate calcium rich foods into your diet as much as possible. Dairy products and calcium-fortified foods as mentioned earlier are great choices. Try to get between 1,000 and 1,500 milligrams a day.

Do not shy away from dairy products because of the fat content. We now can purchase just about any dairy product available in a low/non-fat version. Milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese all come in low-fat or non-fat varieties.

Consider vitamin K. This vitamin switches on a bone-building protein called osteocalcin. Experts say 100 micrograms (mcg) a day may be best for bones. Food sources include spinach, Brussels sprouts, roccoli, asparagus, cabbage, coleslaw and collard greens.

Stop smoking. Smoking increases your risk because it accelerates the metabolism of estrogen, making less available to stimulate bone growth.

Eat cereals fortified with vitamin D. For your body to absorb and deposit the calcium you get from food, you need vitamin D.

The supplement option. There is always the supplement choice! http://www.sato-growth.com/ and http://www.bestsato.com/ l have tried this and it works. ( for adults l suggest 8 month or pro versions)

Set a time to take that supplement! Plan to take your product at a specific time each day to make taking it a habit.

Although everyone is different, most males continue to grow at least until they are 18. Some can even keep growing until they are 22. Of course your height is highly dependable on hereditary. The good news is that factor doesn't have to depend on our parents. Then again most people now days grow taller than there parents.

You could grow until you're 21. My uncle grew from 6'5 to 6'8 in COLLEGE.

you will grow till your an adult not neccessarily 18. its not like its your 18th b-day and your body says ok stop growing we're done, its not that simple