TTC-Running a fever at ovulation?

My husband and I are TTC. I have been tracking my BBT. Yesterday CD13 I had a dip in my temperature which I assumed meant ovulation was going to occur soon. My husband and I had intercourse. I woke up this morning CD14 and my temps were up 98.5 so I assumed I ovulated yesterday. Later in the morning I started feeling sick with a sore throat, chills, stuffy nose, and body aches. I went home at lunch and took my temp and Im running a low grade fever of 99.9. My questions are 1. Did I most likely ovulate or were my temps up from being sick? 2. If I did ovulate and get pregnant, can being sick with a slight fever the day after ovulation effect implantation or the baby? I had a miscarriage in January and do not want that experience again so Im taking all precautions! Thanks for the advice!

Favorite Answer

It won't affect implantation or the baby if you're ill, so don't worry about that. Unfortunately, there's no way to know whether you did ovulate or not since you spiked a fever. If that was right around your normal ovulation time in your cycle, and you did see a dip, then it certainly is likely - but there's no way to say for certain. :( Do you also track your cervical mucus? If you had fertile CM, than that's also a promising sign.

That sucks, I hope you're feeling better soon!

• sorce

Strange however precise, a top temp (some thing over one zero one) will boil the sperm (be aware spelling of the phrase), A tremendous bag of ice laid correct at the testicles (approximately 50 kilos) will have to quite often heal your guy. Good success!