What's the best frosting or topping to go with my banana bread?

A simple one please. But would love whatever you have for future toppings too. Thank You!! ♥

Favorite Answer

A glaze type would be good. Mix some confectioners sugar with a small amount of water or milk and maybe some lemon juice till it's a good consistancy. Very little liquid required compared to the sugar. It makes a glaze similiar to donut glaze.

Banana bread or banana cake? Normally banana bread is cooked in the oven, and does not need frosting. It's a quickbread that doesn't need the bread machine and is more of sweet snack then a dessert, and doesn't go well with overly-sweet frosting. If it's more of a cake, do what you want. I wouldn't though, bananas are sweet enough on their own. If you have more bananas then you can use, either make lots of banana bread and muffins and give out what you won't eat, or just freeze the bananas for a later use -they're great in just about any bread/muffin/cake/cupcake style baking (can replace eggs or oil with mashed bananas), smoothies, etc.

• marx

Topping For Banana Bread

• Tulip

Banana bread or any "bread" doesn't need frosting but if you insist a little glaze is nice, just mix 1 cup of powdered and mix with 1 tea vanilla and enough milk to get to desired consistency and drizzle on the bread or just sprinkle with powdered sugar after the bread is cool. But really just plain is good too.

Honestly, maybe it's the Paula Deen fan in me, but I like Cream Cheese frosting on banana bread. I know it sounds heavy, but it's soooo good. The sweet vanilla-y flavor of the cream cheese frosting compliments the banana flavor very nicely.

cream cheese icing is the best and it goes great with banana cake and bread

Cream cheese frosting, peanut butter or softened butter.

The Honey-Nut Philadelphia Cream Cheese would be delightful. Aside from that a little warmed up butter is sure to please (if you don't mind the calories!).

Source(s): My own sensitive taste buds!