8 weeks pregnant and i never sleep...is this normal?

I practically NEVER sleep..is this normal and what can i do to sleep?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, this is normal. When I was around 8 wks, my sleep was continually disrupted. Your body is still adjusting to all of the new hormone levels, plus, even if you're nothing but excited about pregnancy, you're still probably very stressed out.

Potential good news is that a few weeks later, I started to only get up once or twice in the night. Still not great, but much better than it was back at 8 wks!

Regarding what you can do for sleep, here are a few things that helped me out: hot chamomile tea, having my fiance rub my feet or my shoulders, and sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees. Good luck, and by the way...congratulations!

Source(s): 14 wks pregnant! :)
  • 1 decade ago

Welcome to the world of crazy hormones! I was the best sleeper in the world until I became pregnant (in fact, that was one of the signs that I was pregnant). The good news is that it gets better as pregnancy progresses. I'm on week 12 and now I can sleep more, although in "sections", not a full night of sleep. Now, I know that the last trimester will bring sleeplessness again, but for different reasons. I take it as training for when the little one arrives. :-) Hopefully, you will feel better soon.

• Arina
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

When I first found out I was pregnant I couldn't sleep at all!! I was so tired yet would lie awake for hours and hours! It was really frustrating! I think it was a combination of the sudden surge of hormones and all the excitement. It passed after a few weeks though!

• 1 decade ago

I'm going through that now. Maybe try doing light housework at night to make yourself tired. Just keep in the back of your head that you need to get as much sleep/rest as possible now because in a few months all that's going to change.

Congrats on your Pregnancy and Good Luck!!!

Source(s): 28 Weeks, 5 days with Baby #1!!!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.