Question about my Boxers Fracture?

I recently suffered from Boxers Fracture. After 4 weeks since the injury the swelling has gone down and I have full mobility. Without any pain however my pinkie knuckle where the injury occured is noticably larger than the non injured hand. Is that something to visit my doctor about or is it nothing to stress about?

Favorite Answer

It's likely a permanent part of the natural healing process. If it gives you any trouble, see the doc.

BTW, it's more properly called a "Brawler's Fracture" since a serious boxer rarely gets it. The most common cause is hitting something inanimate and stationary....like a wall. A boxer wouldn't do something that stupid with one of his tools.

Ice it down. 15 mins for ever 3 to 4 times a day. It should feel better after 3 till 5 days. If it is still the same, yeah, I would go get a x-ray now.