Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

how to fix the sound controls on my mac?

i have a regular macbook and my sound buttons are not working at all. Is there a setting that turned off? please help!!!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First throw out your Sound Preferences in the USER Library look for the following file com.apple.soundpref.plist there are two Library folders the first one located in the Macintosh Hard Drive the other is your User/Home/Library/Preferences/com.apple.soundpref.plist then throw it in your trash reboot and that should do it.

If that doesn't do it for you reset the PRAM

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

6. Release the keys.

• 4 years ago

examine which Sound Output device is been chosen in device selection > Sound. pick "inner audio device" while the earphones at the instant are not plugged in. it may desire to have switched immediately yet there could be somebody challenge to motor vehicle change between the output device selection. attempt this and need this works.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.