I desperately want to get out?

I desperately want to get out of my mom's house by 27. I'm 25 still living with my mom. My mom says I can't move out until I have a car. I am the only child my parents are divorced. I do have epilepsy which is under control I take medication for it. I love my mom dearly but, she can be overprotective and clingy. She still forces me to go to church every single sunday, she does have a temper when she gets stressed out, sometimes she has hurtful outbursts. There are ways I can get around without having a car. I think in ways my mom is too attached to me. Do you think I could live with roommates, maybe there is some guidance or assistance to help me. I never had my independence away from my mom in my life. I will visit her and keep in touch. When I mention it to her, she may freak out or have hurtful outbursts, or she may do everything she can to make me stay what do I do if she does that?

The first thing I would do in your situation is check out the resources in my area. There are programs that can provide transportation, and every other necessity to people who have a disability. I'm not sure how serious your epilepsy is, but you could also look into getting SSI (if you don't already have it).

Your mother is probably just very concerned about you, and has gone through many years of trying to keep you from harm. It's not easy for parents to let go, especially when the child has a problem that most do not. She means well, and probably doesn't realize what it's like on your side of the spectrum.

If you really want to try and get out in a couple of years, you have some time to plan this out. Check on public transit, roommate situations where a nice person is looking for someone quiet to share some rent with, and maybe even a room for rent. I've done the room for rent thing, and the problem is usually that the housemates tend to act a bit like parents.

Remember to do as much research as you can. If you've depended on your mother for all of these years, life on your own could be very tough. Adults always have to deal with this sooner or later, but preparation really does help a lot.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4524920_move-out-parents-h...

Take a look at my question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201006...

tell her that you want to move out, just tell her. It might not be what she wants to hear, but its the truth aye?

maybe move nearby, so she can still come and see you but at least then you have your own personal space?

hope it works out bubba.

HAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD ENOUGH FOR U U MUST'VE REALLY PISSED OFF GOD. HAHAHAHA I HOPE YOU STAY THERE UNTIL YOUR 50.