LGBT: What's your opinions on the Twilight series?

Eclipse just recently came out, and I want to know what people personally think of the books and the movies. My opinion is, their romantic, but way to weird for me. Like sparkly vampires in the light, they are supposed to burn in daylight. Haha. Lemme know what you think. (:

Update:

Oh yeah, Ashley Greene (Alice in the movie) is really hot. (;

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    lol, i swear i only watch the movie to see Alice -Ashley Greene is hot.

    I also read the book before the movie came out and the funny thing is I would flip pages so I would know when they'd go back to Alice.

    Edit: It seems like people like watching the hot actor/actress more than the actual plot -Lol

  • 1 decade ago

    I enjoyed the books, especially the first one. The movies are pretty meh, but there is some nice eye candy. I think less people would hate it if it hadn't gotten so popular. At the same time, less people would worship it. Some people jump on a popular trend just because it's popular; other people disparage it for exactly the same reason. People are funny. Oh, and I'm not a fan of how the movie portrays the sparkling. The book made it seem more like when they were in the sun they looked like rock, like a diamond. That would've looked cool. But the movie just makes it look like they're wearing glitter. If I saw them in the sun I wouldn't guess that they were vampires, just glitter whores.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Why does everyone think those guys are hot?? I agree with you, Alice is hot. Love her hair.

    I read the books just before the whole Twilight craze took off & I liked them a lot, but the sappy romantic parts really started to bother me after a while. Mainly because no guy in the world will ever sincerely say all the cheesy crap that Edward says.

    I heard the rumors going around that Kristen Stewart might be a lesbian & ever since then, she has become extremely attractive to me. Here's to hoping!

  • 1 decade ago

    I love the books and the movies but the books are better than the movie. I haven't watched Eclipse yet but im going to tonight. My expectations for this movie isn't very high cuz the book is always better than the movie.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I read all of the books and was like, "Okay, I didn't want to tear my eyes out, like 25% of people claim, and I didn't want to buy a life size cut out of Edward or Jacob to sleep with, like the other 75% of people claim. What's the big deal?" Then I watched the first movie and was like, "This is horrible. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in theaters" I am pretty indifferent to Twilight. It is nothing to love or hate.

  • 1 decade ago

    Honestly, I think the movies are terrible. The casting is terrible. The books are okay, but after the first book, you can tell Stephanie Meyer did not plan out the rest. It seemed like she was making it up as she went. It's not well thought out.

  • 1 decade ago

    I didnt like the idea of it but anyway i tried reading the book but got bored of it after the first pages..it was so ******* boring, i have never read a book so boring and simple. And i thought the movie sucked as well, defenitely wont spend any money to watch that ****.

  • 1 decade ago

    I don't like the vampires sparkling, but I enjoy the series.

    And yeah, Ashley Greene is definitely hot!

  • 1 decade ago

    Reallyyyy hott guys -- the only reason why I watch the Twilight series is to see the guys in action. But besides them, the movies suck.

  • I like the movies, although I don't obsess over the characters. Never read the books.

    I really like Dr. Carlisle Cullen (i named my parrot Carlisle after the first movie came out) and Rosalie <3

    They are good movies with a nice story, but that's all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.