Renting Apt After Bankruptcy- Cosign?

My parents are going through a bankruptcy and a foreclosure of their home right now. My mom needs to rent an apartment to live in. They actually have income and can afford a place. I also make a very good income and have a very high credit score and own my own home.

Question is - for her to rent an apartment, would it be better for her to apply on her own and I and my wife cosign for her or should I just rent the place and have her live there?

Would the cosigning work in this case since her credit is obviously ruined?

Favorite Answer

Easier if you did it - provided you have total faith in her ability and willingness to maintain prompt payments.

Many people's debt problems are caused by family members breaking promises or simply skipping town

There's an easier way to get out of the home than foreclosure! And I'm not referring to a short sale either.

Tell her to go to htttp://stopforeclosure-tx.com fill out the form at the bottom of the page.

This is a group offering foreclosure help to homeowners dealing with the foreclosure process all over the US.

They are the real deal. I've attached a link from bloomberg.com explaining what they do.

I know that when they finish, there's no deficiency judgment, further credit dings, and best of all she could walk away with cash in her pocket.