What make-up should I buy for college (starter-kit)?

I'm going to be a "first-year" next year, and just got back from orientation. In the dorm bathroom I saw all the girls putting on MAC and other great makeup. All I have is clinique and stuff, but I finally have the money to go get some nice make-up. So what should I go out and buy??

I'll probably go to the counter to find the right colors, but I wanted to know like the best mascara, and the best brand for concealer, eyeshadow, blush and bronzer, etc.

Also, I dont really want a heavy foundation.

Favorite Answer

To me, MAC is just a big name with a big price. It's not worth it. If you want MAC worth eyeshadow, try NYX, which you can buy at ULTA stores. They're just like MAC, but like, $7 less.

For your foundation, keep using Clinique. It's a really good brand.

My favorite mascara is DiorShow. It's really expensive, but it's an amazing product.

Blush and bronzer have to go to NARS or MAC..

Concealer to Stilla..

Eyeshadow to NYX, duh :D, or Costal Sents.

Good luck! (:

• Ronda

A Basic Makeup Kit should contain all of the following: Tinted moisturizer, concealer, pressed powder, eye shadows (just two should work just fine), eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow pencil, blush, and lip gloss.

For those teens heading off to college or have to face the scary gym teacher on a weekly basis, a Student makeup kit will keep you glamorous all day! For most of you the basic makeup kit will work perfectly. But you might want to add a little bit more spice to it. Change the blush to a bronzer to keep you sun-kissed all year round, and add a fun eye shadow as well. Basic browns and golds are good for everyone but a fun green or purple will help change the look just a little. School can be boring enough; no one wants boring makeup too!

•Tinted Moisturizer: I love Mary Kay’s Tinted Moisturizer with Sunscreen. It is easy to apply and anything with a sunscreen is great!

•Concealer: Physicians Formula Circle Rx Concealer is great if you suffer from dark circles. For acne, a dryer formula would be better.

•Eye shadows: Victoria Secret Beauty Rush is perfect for on the go makeup. It comes in a fun container that contains the sponge for application. Plus for those teens they have a lot of fun colors as wells as some basic colors too.

• Lv 6

I don't wear make up regularly.. only when I go out or whatever. For christmas my aunt gave me a gift card to MAC. I asked the woman to do my make up and help me figure out what I should buy and what I needed. I ended up spending about 80 which wasn't bad at all. She got me eyeliner, mascara, blush, and some mineral powder. I love it. I also bought eye shadow at Urban Outfitters. I spent like 34 but it was so worth it. Its the smokey eye kit.

I'll be a freshman in the fall as well =)

Mac makeup brushes

bobbi brown concealer

Mac eyeshadows, Nyx or coastal scents

NARS blush in orgasm

NARS Laguna bronzer

The best mascara (I have it, I loveee it) is Define-a-Lash mascara. I get my concealer from Clinique, so yeah... eyeshadow, CARGO or Lancome. Best stuff ever! Blush, I have no clue, I don't wear it. Lipgloss, MAC, Bath and Body Works, and Ulta. Lipstick, NARS.

Hope I helped!!

• Pink

honestly! what i think you should get which im sure non of them have seen before is coastal scents makeup.

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm

they have great sales going on right now. for the metal mania pallette and the ultra shimmer.

but you can get just regualr (which i have that) and seriously! they are awsome! i use them almost everyday!

very higly pigmented and there are some makeup dupes in there. you can make mac dupes as well by mixing the colors.

i'm sure noone at your college has that and im pretty sure they will be amazed that you have that! as so was everyone i showed mine to.

but if your not interested in that....

benefit and smash box are my favorite for anything!

goodluck =)

• Daniel

Im in college too! best drugstore foundations are loreal true match original or lumi if you like a dewy look, the whole true match line is great! hope this helps