What would you think of this?!?

I have been with my fiancee for almost 4 years now. We have a toddler together, she is just over a year old. I also have another child from a previous relationship 15 years ago. He is 15 years old.

In our household, I pay for half of everything. I use my own money to buy me and my kids things, even my fiancee sometimes. We have been together for quite awhile now and are planning on getting married next spring.

Here is the issue. He told me this morning that he doesn't think it is fair that he has to pay for half of my son (the one from the previous relationship). So basically he wants me to pay for about 70% of everything. I have to pay for myself, my son and half of my daughter. I thought since we are a family that 50/50 is good enough. He makes good money, I just finished school and in the process of finding a job. Do you think that he is being cheap? or am I the one in the wrong. I feel proud that I am contributing 50% to the household. Now he is making me feel like I'm the unfair one and am trying to take advantage of him. This has got me questioning our whole relationship now and I don't know what to do. What do you think of this situation?

Favorite Answer

Since you describe him as your "fiance" and not "live-in boyfriend", I would say this is a huge red flag. He is not interested in combining your families or being a parent to your 15 yr old, and if you care at all about your son, you will think long and hard about marrying, or even continuing to live with this guy, until the boy is out of the house.

EDIT:

The other poster is correct. If you receive child support for the older child, your fiance should not have to contribute financially to the child's upbringing.

• Brian

Why is this guy taking so long to marry you? AND now he is pulling that crud... things that make you go humm.

Do you receive child support that he would consider extra for you.

I think a family is a together thing, but some people believe in separate finances.

he dont seem like a good guy to be joining ur famliy u have too think long and hard about this cuzz i read one of these other storying and this girl has marride this guy and he has been beating her so think long and hard be strong

FROM:cutiepie OXOXO

Seems like he doesn't want to be a father to your son.