Jessy asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Will the Navy send my husband overseas?

My husband is being given IA orders to Afghanistan but I am 23 weeks pregnant with twins! I was hoping some Navy wives who may have been through this may help. I got a doctor note to help him stay, but I don't know if they will keep him here. Will they really make me take care of twins by myself after a C-section? I also have two other children to take care of as well. Is there anything I can do to help him stay?

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes. Your husband is in the military and will be expected to fulfill all requirements. Sometimes it sucks. I missed the birth of my 2nd child and the first 18 months of my twins’ lives.

    If he doesn’t go, someone else will have to. He doesn’t want to do that to his shipmates, does he?

    For your part, I understand the worry. Being a military wife is as hard (or harder) than being in the military. Look to your local base for support. Lean on friends and family. Use all available resources.

    Best of luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    Sorry honey. They will send him regardless. If you call the Red Cross after the children are born, they will get that message to him. But unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do to help him stay. The most that you can do is have a family member come to help you take care of the twins once they are born or move with family members so that you have them to help you. This is the hard part of being a military spouse. They cannot always be there to for things like that. It's the same deal when they go out on regular deployments. You'll have to make the choice of moving in a family member or moving in with a family member unless you live in the same area as your family members.

    Source(s): I'm a Navy wife and Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society volunteer.
  • HDH
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    If he's going, he's going. Unfortunately, you are no different from any other military wife. And C-sections are very common these days. A lot of Soldiers and Marines are overseas in Afghanistan or Iraq 50% of the time. They miss about half their children's births, birthdays, first steps, first words, first days of school, everything. Sailors, too, miss a lot of time with their loved ones as long as they are on sea duty.

    You are going to have to make arrangements to have a relative or friend come help you when you first get out of the hospital. Customarily, your mother and/or his mother would come for about a month if they could manage it. That's how it's always been in my family (I realize looking back that that might be because we are very much a military family, going back generations.)

  • 1 decade ago

    Sorry he doesn't get any special consideration. If you can't handle the situation he can try to get himself a discharge from the military but then you loose all your benefits.

    Get involved with the family support group or if possible have family come live with you or go move where they are (cost to do that is on you).

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    glad to hear your having twins and thank you and your husband service to our country but yes they can send him and will sorry thats how the military is the old saying in the army was if they wanted you to have a wife they would have issued you one

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    so? your being pregnant has no bearing at all.

    it is on you to find the help yoru need from someone other than your spouse.

    I am EFMP Category 4, have multiple medical issues and cannot drive.. mine is on 2 year unaccompaneid orders.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.