Is medical field for me?

i need help. Well i just recently graduated from high school and i dont know what to do with my life. I was thinking something in the medical field but i heard it involves too much math and science and well let me tell you math and science arent my best subjects. Is it hard? what kind of classes would i have to take in college? what are some great medical careers that pay good money? and last thing i heard that there are options were you can go to college for 2 years and get a job in the medical field as a nurse is that true??

Favorite Answer

I can't tell you if a medical career is for you. that's for you to decide. I would recommend searching the website below for different careers and see if they fit you.

for the medical field, you need to take several science courses in college. these usually include anatomy and physiology, microbiology, chemistry, and sometimes organic chem depending on the field. they also require core courses such as english, college algebra, psychology, sociology, and usually some electives.

there are associate programs for nurses. however, the total college time is more than 2 years. most programs (BSN and ASN) require about 2 years of prerequisites and then the actual nursing program itself is 2-3 years. these programs are highly competitive, so you need to have a high gpa (usually above 3.3) to be competitive.

nursing (RN) pays pretty well averaging around 62k/year. LPNs get the shaft and are around 40k, with medical assistants below that, and CNAs/HHAs well below that.

as I said before, search the below site. it's very thorough and can help you decide where you want to go.

Yes in 2 years you are a LVN or LPN