bekki asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What is the best anxiety medication with no side affects?

I have anxiety and my doc prescribed me two different medication, but the first one made me sick and i didnt try the second because it says it has after effects which i'm not so sure about..

Favorite Answer

i never heard about best anxiety medication with no side affects, come on man. every drug you are using must have side effects, you never know when.it could be short ot long term it came out. like you say "the first one made me sick" now that is the side effect.

What is the best anxiety medication with no side affects? if i was you, i will try natural way first lo...

1. We can choose to cope or deal with anxiety or we can modify our behavior to overcome our symptoms of anxiety, fear, or panic.

One of the ways in which we are able to reduce the fear sensations power over us and our lives is by added intentional exposure to the fear. By confronting the sensations that we attribute and link to anxiety we can decrease the power it has over us. This practice is called Interoceptive exposure.

2. Interoceptive exposure is the repeated exposure to feared physical stimuli as well as fear physical sensations. Some of these practices include breathing through a narrow straw to achieve hyperventilation or "Over-breathing." Spinning around in a circle while standing or sitting in a swivel chair. To increase heart rate and create disorientation.

As strange as it sounds, causing anxiety, fear, and panic sensations has a positive effect on people suffering from anxiety disorders or panic attacks. Interoceptive exposure exercises are intended to guide anxiety sensitive people to awareness of their feared experience, and to challenge their understanding of the power those sensations have over them. These are nothing new when it comes to the history of tips to treat anxiety symptoms and they get really good results.

I listed a source below that goes over this in more detail. Stay strong and I wish you the best!

Source(s): check out this website for more free info what causes and cure anxiety naturally and safe http://anxiety-attack-symptoms-1.blogspot.com/

Yes there are medications although they are addictive they don't make a person sociable but they do help with social anxiety. As does regular Relaxation training such as hypnosis or Yoga or Tai Chi. And that means because they're not addictive like medication can be relaxation training is the best. Great Question. Best Wishes. Mars Mission Soon In A Galaxy Near Yours.. Source(s): Studies..

This is a hard one to answer. The medicine that works for my body may not work for your body and so on. So it may take some trial and error before you find what works for you.

I was told that Lexapro was a great medication, but it only made me worse. However, I am on doxycycline which has not harmed me at all, but I have been in forums where others say it made them worse.

Are you having panic attacks with your anxiety? That should be a factor in finding your medication. For me, I only started having anxiety and panic attacks after I was put on effexor.

While you are searching, there are some cool herbal teas, scents, and breathing techniques you can use for you overall anxiety.

But I think your best bet would be to post the name of your medications here or go to anxiety forums and do a search for your medications to see what others have said about them.

Why take medication in the first place? There are several methods to control anxiety attacks that don't require drugs at all. For eg. the Observe, Label, Watch and Move on method. It's very effective and can be put into practice in just a few minutes. Learn the method from the video below:

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): anxiety medication side affects: https://tr.im/pb6xR
  • Erin

I am so happy, it was only a 35 minute drive ( 70 minutes total) but absolutely no sign of anxiety or panic i shopped till I dropped - brilliant! I will now go for the next stage DUAL CARRIAGE way, probably at the weekend, with my husband accompanying me first then the solo drive, if successful the final stage of driving on motorway

Beat Anxiety And Panic Attacks Naturally?

Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health problem in the U.S., affecting about one out of five people at any given time. There are many safe nondrug remedies for anxiety. Read here https://tr.im/5Nvl4

Anxiety can take many forms — generalized anxiety disorder (constant worrying about everyday things), obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and social anxiety disorder.

No such thing as side effect free medication. All Benzodiazepines are fast acting and powerful, but are highly addictive if taken longer than a couple of weeks.

Source(s): Treatment