Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is this yet more union PORK from San Fran Nan's "most ethical Congress in history"?

WASHINGTON – House Democrats, who are trying to pass a long-stalled war funding bill this week, have attached $10 billion to help local school districts avoid teacher layoffs when schools reopen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100630/ap_on_go_co/us...

psst.... Why do the progressives always shriek that "TEACHERS WILL BE LET GO!!" when there are dozens of employees whose hours could be reduced or positions are duplicated elsewhere OTHER than teachers?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What's wrong with teacher layoffs? Just like every profession there's good and bad. This is a great opportunity to cull the deadwood.

• 4 years ago

i be conscious of i've got have been given mastered the flexibility to stroll, communicate and learn. there is now not some thing lots left to income in those fields, and that i visit do all of it with finished ease. does not propose I by using no ability stub my toe, slur some words, or come for the period of a sentence now after which, yet i've got have been given reached a piece the placement that's carefully causal. i'm now not an olympic sprinter, or a public speaker, or a velocity reader -- those are all completely separate skills -- yet what i chanced on is a lot to get by using existence. I by using no ability ignore that the martial arts are talked approximately as an paintings, no remember if or now not that's an eastern interpretation, yet indoors the West this does have a purpose. An paintings could now not be some thing you ideal. music, portray and sculpting all have close to to endless ability, yet tiers of progression which you will could desire to "draw close" to get extra desirable useful. A black belt, as we've defined earlier on best here, is approximately having an company be conscious of-how of the basics, or "All undemanding strikes and ideas, could be utilized with prolonged stress and proper application in undemanding blend." the main suitable words best here could be "all undemanding strikes and ideas" and "prolonged stress and proper application". i could say there's a mastery of having chanced on the criteria and be conscious of the thank you to place them to be conscious, in simple terms now not some thing further from the basics. i think of of human beings pass a sprint too a concepts with the be huge conscious, utilising it in many circumstances erroneously, in spite of the shown fact that the ingredient to comfortably and casually utilising what you have chanced on is what they're all implying. As for the martial arts as an entire, that i've got have been given self assurance is impossible, somewhat as an paintings.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's there holy grail the Children will be hurt.A better way is to put every district out to bid let private company's handle education.It's more cost effective and will better serve the children .It is still about the kids isn't it?

• 1 decade ago

Buying votes from the unions. This administration is unbelievable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

labor unions are an arachaic concept. they should be outlawed in modern times

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seems fair. You want your war, we want our teachers.

• Dale
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.