why do LGBT look different than regular straight people?

they're people, why is it so easy to know who is gay and who isn't. i don't mean to offend anyone

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, Jenny, they don't.

Have a nice day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No sweetie, not every lgbt person looks different from straight people. I am a true example of this. When people see me they ALWAYS think I'm straight because I'm so feminine and I wear makeup and dresses etc. They expect lesbians to all be big butch manly women. I blow their minds when they find out I'm a lesbian lol. If you ever saw me you would NEVER be able to guess that I'm gay. There are plenty of lesbians like me who look feminine like me too. So NO it is not always easy to know who is gay.

• 1 decade ago

You'd be surprised. The thing is, the only people you can PROVE are gay are the one who are out. And, if someone is out as gay, they'll feel more comfortable acting stereotypically gay.

But did you know that ALMOST EVERYONE, as in, like 90% of the female population and something like 70% of the male population, has occasional bisexual urges, and I heard somewhere that one in four or five is full out gay. Think about that. Four/five. How many guys are in your favorite band? Odds are one of them is a closet queer.

• 1 decade ago

Consider it a fashion. Not every gay person follows it, but many do.

In the 1970s you had the "Castro Clone" look for a fashion from San Francisco. It was short hair, parted on the side, and a moustache.

Just fashion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Their are a lot of men out their that act / look gay but aren't gay while other masculine straight acting guys are very gay, but you can't tell it by looking at them. You can't go by stereotypes, you will be wrong every time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We really don't look any different, maybe it's just you having a good gaydar, knowing the typical traits of a gay, lesbian, or bisexual? I don't know of any bisexual traits but you might just be able to pick them out easier because you can 'detect' them better.

• 1 decade ago

It's kind-of weird... there are some people you'd never guess are gay. And others you just get a strong vibe from.

• 1 decade ago

Because we're perfect.

• 1 decade ago

Because were just so much better looking that's why.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cuz we're just that fabulous.

Source(s): sorry, I HAD to say it.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.