what exactly are lightning pains during pregnancy?

i am 39 weeks pregnant and for the past 3 days i have been getting sharp pains inside my vagina and i feel like baby is going to drop out even when i have a wee i feel something move to stop it coming then move again to start are these lightning pains also for the past 3 days i have been getting stomach cramps first thing on a morning to empty my bowels and its watery and stringy my friend said that i could be due to go into labour and its keeping my insides clean so when i go into labour i don't push anything else out apart from baby is this right. i have been really agitated lately and up and down and cant sleep to well on a night and feel sick all the time is these signs of labour please help

Favorite Answer

the pain is probably the baby pressing down on your cervix

and the bathroom issues, i have heard that you can get diarrhea before labor begins as your body clears it self out...it doesnt mean you wont poo while pushing the baby out though

I am in the same pickle as you. I feel like i have been having pains the past three days it gets hard for me to fall asleep. and i got the same peeing issue as you. you are`having diarrhea which could be a sign im having that too. and i am having period like cramping & feel sick too. people are telling me its a sign. so im hoping it is. so i will tell you its a sign. shouldn't be longer for the both of us. my baby already dropped. ask your doctor for a membrane sweep. and just walk and hydrate.

Lightning During Pregnancy