what exactly are lightning pains during pregnancy?

i am 39 weeks pregnant and for the past 3 days i have been getting sharp pains inside my vagina and i feel like baby is going to drop out even when i have a wee i feel something move to stop it coming then move again to start are these lightning pains also for the past 3 days i have been getting stomach cramps first thing on a morning to empty my bowels and its watery and stringy my friend said that i could be due to go into labour and its keeping my insides clean so when i go into labour i don't push anything else out apart from baby is this right. i have been really agitated lately and up and down and cant sleep to well on a night and feel sick all the time is these signs of labour please help

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the pain is probably the baby pressing down on your cervix

and the bathroom issues, i have heard that you can get diarrhea before labor begins as your body clears it self out...it doesnt mean you wont poo while pushing the baby out though

• 1 decade ago

I am in the same pickle as you. I feel like i have been having pains the past three days it gets hard for me to fall asleep. and i got the same peeing issue as you. you are`having diarrhea which could be a sign im having that too. and i am having period like cramping & feel sick too. people are telling me its a sign. so im hoping it is. so i will tell you its a sign. shouldn't be longer for the both of us. my baby already dropped. ask your doctor for a membrane sweep. and just walk and hydrate.

• 4 years ago

Lightning During Pregnancy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.