Is it safe to delete windows live?

In my program files foldler, there is a file called "Windows Live". I no logner use Windows Live Messenger, I just use Windows messenger... the most basic version of MSN. The Windows Live folder itself is 47 MB, so I wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

There is also a folder in Program Files called "Common Files". Within common files, theres ANOTHER folder called "Windows Live". This one on the other hand, is 126 MB.

My question is , is it safe to delete both of these "Windows Live" folders? What do they actually do for my computer..?

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Uninstall Windows Live stuff via Control Panel instead (Control Panel > Programs and Features in Vista & 7 or Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs in XP).

They should remove most of the contents in those folders.

After that (if you want to remove the remaining files), removing those folders will be safe.

It won't be 100% safe if you remove those folders without doing an uninstall prior to the removal.

Hope this helps :)

Both of these folders contain the files required to install, uninstall and allow the programs to run in the first place.

I wouldn't make any changes to these folders without uninstalling all Windows Live programs first. Uninstall the programs first in the normal way (Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, for XP: or Control Panel > Programs and Features, for Vista and above), then check back on the folders you have mentioned.

Uninstall the programs first, then you can delete the folders. Not the other way around!

Hope it helps.

Have u tried, start, control panel, add remove programs, (left side) add remove components and seeing if is in that list to remove first. If u just delete folder may messup something.