What are some romantic and fun things to do in New York City for my girlfriends birthday?

My girlfriend and i have been dating for almost a year now. We are very much in love. We both live in N.Y city. We are both rather intelligent people and love to do fun things together. I am 18, and she is turning 18 on July, 18th which is a Sunday. I need some options of fun and romantic things to do for her birthday. They can be indoor or outdoor but must be in NY city and not be extremely expensive because i am 18 and dont have loads of money, I thought of maybe a carriage ride or boat ride in central park but need more romantic and fun options. Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

Carriage ride is real cool thru the park at night.... better in winter when you can snuggle, but still not bad... Try finding a nice secluded spot in the park and have a candlelight picnic.. There is so much to do in the city on a budget so just be creative!! good luck

I was going to suggest that restaurant on the river near the Brooklyn Bridge, then walk across back into the city. Maybe just walk across from Brooklyn to Manhattan and then find a nice little inexpensive restaurant in Little Italy or Chinatown.

Or take the Staten Island Ferry at night.

Carraige ride in central park is great idea if you don't mind the smell of horses. For dinner you should try top of the rock.