I dropped a125lb barbell on my chest please help?

I was lifting today and I was doing bench presses, I didn't really DROP it, it just came down faster than I would have liked, and bounce off like right below my right pec. It doesn't hurt when I breathe or talk, but it hurt when i layed down. Should I be concerned? O and if it matters i'm a 14 year old boy. thanks

Favorite Answer

A word of advice.

If you are doing barbell bench presses without a spotter..do not collar the weights. If this happens and you are unable to get the weight off, you could be in a big trouble. With the weights uncollared, you can lean to one side, and let the weights fall off. Then you can push the bar off on the other side.

Nah, just be more careful next time. I have years experience and just last week, I dropped 255lbs on my chest doing decline presses. I was being dorky and used a thumbless grip (as I like to do sometimes) and it rolled off my palm directly onto my chest.

I did chest last night and I'm fine.

You probably just bruise some muscles or something. I would give it a day or so as long as its not hurting too badly. But it would not hurt to go to the doctory just to be on the safe side.