How far is too far for a long-distance relationship?

It's kind of complicated.See,there's a guy that I've known for about a year through our homeschooling group,but he lives about 30-45 minutes away,so we don't see each other that much.We have gotten to know each other pretty well through Facebook though,and he messages me basically every single day when we're both online.During these conversations,we talk about basically anything and everything,and we usually talk for over an hour each time.And he recently added the "Top Friends" app on there,and he listed me as number 1 out of the fifteen people he has on there.And just from talking to him,I'm pretty sure he likes me.I would love to be "more than just friends" with him,but I'm not sure how hard it would be.Does it sound like he even likes me that way?Plus we live in different towns,though they're less than an hour apart.So how hard would it be to make the long-distance thing work,even though we do talk very regularly as it is?I just need some opinions.

• Ocimom

That is NOT considered long distance, but if you are teens, I'm sure it seems that way. You guys need to get your parents to provide transportation to start seeing each other in person and see if you still hit it off.

My husband and I met online - I lived in Maryland; he in Minnesota. We dated online for 18 months before I moved. We talked every day by phone or pc and met in person every 2-3 months; as we could afford.

That is not long distance lol facebook is not a good place to meet people for a relationship anyway... Why isnt he making the effort to come see you if you live that close to him? In my opinion its not a relationship that you guys have its more of a friendship... more goes into a relationship... Sorry, good luck sweetie.

You mentioned a home schooling group...you could be neighbors and it wouldn't matter!

Home schoolers (the parents and the students) are social mutants anyway.

• Chip

To put it in perspective for you: my girlfriend and I are about three hours apart.

We had our two-year anniversary a couple weeks ago.

Too far to drive there and back in one day.