Julia asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

I'm 19. How hard would it be for me to get a loan from a bank and how would I go about doing it?

Favorite Answer

I'd go to a credit union. I am anti-bank since they received a bailout and have done nothing to stop the mass foreclosures. Especially PNC since they bought National City with the bailout money instead of doing the loan modifications like they were suppose to.

Source(s): Just my opinion. Do what you will.

Age is not the factor on a loan it goes off of credit score the badthing is it is really hard to get a loan from a bank with no credit and a personal loan with no credit ia impossible a personal loan is just cash for what ever reason u want it for a car loan is a lil easier to get but still hard if no credit they in a way treat no credit like bad credit that's why on tv you see bad credit or no credit is ok and also you need to just go to the bank and fill out the application for the loan and then turn it in it takes about ten minutes for them to accept or deny you if you get denied ask them if you have a co signer if you would then get excepted good luck

you would need a full time job and at 19, I doubt you have enough of a credit history (which starts at 18 at the earliest) to get any kind of unsecured loan - very hard for anyone under 21 to even get a credit card anymore since new rules went into effect this year

• DON W

My understanding is that most banks will not loan money to someone who is under 21 years of age, unless they have a parent or guardian co-sign for them. The reason is that until you're 21 it's difficult to enforce a contract against you. Student loans can be exceptions to this.

If you have good credit, it'll take no more than an hour...go into the bank and apply.

If you have no credit, go in and talk to a loan officer anyway.

Depends on your credit, your income, what you are getting the loan for, how much the loan is for, etc...

Ask your parents or older friends!