how does it feel getting a tattoo?

i am getting a tattoo for the first time an would like to kno wat it feels lik? ive heard multiple but not reali sure

Favorite Answer

It hurts depending on how you deal with pain- If you can deal with it it might be a tingling or a just slight pain but if you can't deal with pain it hurts alot

It depends on where on your body you're getting the tattoo. No matter what the placement is though, it's not going to be the most pleasant thing ever, but the pain isn't unbearable. The ribs, collarbones, and tops of feet are probably the most painful places to get tattooed because they are right over bone and there's no fatty tissue under the skin to absorb the shock from the needle. Underneath your upper arms (like by your armpits) is also supposed to be pretty painful because of how sensitive that area is. I have a tattoo on my ribs and one on the top of my foot and those actually hurt less (in my opinion) than the one on my ankle. When you get a tattoo it feels pretty much like you're having the tip of a safety pin dragged over your skin. I think the thing that bothers people the most is the actual vibrations from the tattoo gun. After a while you just kind of get desensitized to it and it's more annoying than anything.

The define hurts a lot more in getting a Tattoo than the coloring does.. the description looks like a rather sharp knife is being dragged by way of your dermis and the coloring looks like air (does now not harm) actually it would tickle you. Now getting a tattoo in the back of the shoulder I suppose will harm since its correct at the bone. More meat much less bone much less affliction. Remember that.

For me it feels like a very warm needle vibrating and scratching my skin. Which is actually what is happening. The line work is the worst part, fill in is a bit easier to take, but I enjoy the pain. Afterward the tat feels like a mild burn for a few hours or so. Then it'll itch as my hair grows back (I'm very hairy) then in a week or so I'm back to normal.

honestly it depends on alot of things such as tolerence for pain, size, location, etc. i personally found it to feel like getting scratched but it also helps to be relaxed when going in there. visit several tattoo artist and look at artwork and talk to them a lil and most important make sure there shop very clean. a good tattoo artist will also help you relax

Source(s): HAVE 2 TATTOOS ONE ON MY HIP AND ONE ON THE BACK OF MY NECK

it all depends on where you get it. i have many tattoos and the ones that didnt hurt were my ankle, hip, behind my ear. my shoulders and arm felt like a light sunburn being scatched. and the whole right side of my neck, knuckles, and lip, well those were kinda brutal. so it all depends on location

It hurts at first. But most people that want to or have gotten one like the pain. Its awsome like a test on how much you can take.

Mine felt like a bad sunburn was being scratched by a cat over and over and over again

Depends on you and where you get it. It's not as bad as everyone talks it up to be in my opinion, but you just have to get one to find out.

I liken it to being splashed with grease from frying bacon.