? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Looking for a good read? I like paranormal, dark romance..?

I'm looking for a book with a women who can defend herself and doesn't give into a man easily?

I love the following authors and their books, especially the characters, storyline and the sexual tension.

Also the fact that in all of them the main women is powerful and can fight.

My favourite authors are...

Richelle Mead

Karen Marie Moning

Nalini Singh

Jeaniene Frost

Lora Leigh is also good.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Some other authors you might enjoy:

Laurell K. Hamilton

Christine Feehan

Sherrilyn Kenyon

C.L. Wilson

Katie MacAlister

Jacquelyn Frank

Karen Chance

Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle

Angela Knight

You could try Stacia Kane. She's got a couple series out, and the most recent one (I guess it's call the Downside series, and it starts with UNHOLY GHOSTS) is probably where I'd start. It's not exclusively romance, but it's dark and paranormal with definite elements of romance. The first two are out, and a third is due in a few (i.e., three) days.

Sounds like you and I share similar tastes

Linnea Sinclair - more of a sci-fi romance (Star Wars/Star Trek) but her heroine's are always kick a@@

Chloe Neill - Chicagoloand Vampires - Very good series - and ALL the sexual tension in this book is keyed from the heroine's strength and refusal to play the damsel in distress

I enjoyed Karen Chance, more action than romance, but they are still pretty good- with a touch of humor

Hope this helps

Try:

The morganville vampire serise by rachel caine (theres 8 books at the moment, the first is called the glass house.)

Blue blood series by Melissa de la Cruz (there are 4 books out at moment and the first is called blue bloods.)

The mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare (there are three books ib the series and the first is called the city of bones.)

The house of night series by P.C Cast and Kristen Cast ( There are about 8 books in the serise at moment and the first is called marked.)

The immortals series by Alyson Noel (there are 3 books in the series at the moment with the first called evermore.)

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (there is going to be a follow on book later this year.)

The hollow by Jessica Verday

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

Generation Dead serise by Daniel Waters ( There are 2 books at moment and the first is called generation dead.)

The vampire Diaries by LJ Smith (there are 5 out at moment and the first book is called the awakening.)

Wicked by Gregory Maguire

You can also use this website which will recommend books to you on a similar theme to the one you've read. The website is http://bookseer.com/

Hope that helps.

Laurie Notaro just wrote a great book called, "Spooky Little Girl." She usually writes independent, HILARIOUS autobiographies. This is her second fiction book, and it's really good. She's one of my favorite authors.

Also, "20's Girl," by Sophie Kinsella is another great dark, paranormal fiction book. This book has a romance in it as well, and I think it covers all the aspects you're looking for. Good luck!

Source(s): I'm an avid reader.

You would love Dark Destiny by Christine Feehan!

Quick plot synopsis.....Girl made into a vampire against her will, grew up and killed her maker, now fights to protect people in her town from evils....a sexy and strong vampire slayer finds her and loves her, she refuses to trust him no matter what, all the while a new evil is stalking the people she loves and she will have to work with the hunter to save her town.

-Night World series by L.J Smith

-House of Night series by Kirsten and P.C Cast

-Skinned by Robin Wassermann

-Vampire Diaries series by L.J Smith

-Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

-Evernight by Claudia Gray

-So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld

-The Mortal Instruments Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

-Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe) by Kimberly Pauley

-Pretty Little liars series by Sara Shepard

-Jessica's Guide to Dating on The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

-Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine

-Bite me by Melissa Francis

-The Summoning by Kelly Armstrong

-Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone Elkles

-Thirst series by Christopher Pike

-Need by Carrie Jones

Phantom by susan kay, im reading it right now and its amazing. its a dark romantic novel.

i suggest u http://bizhelpp.0fees.net/

i hope it will be helpful in resolving your problem keep using answers.yahoo.com