What Power Supply do I need for my Motherboard?

I already have an understanding that I want something around 550 / 600 watts to be sure. The last one ran for a bit on 450 watts but ended up burning out.

Here some specs, Note it is a Custom Built Desktop where the builder no longer has any documentation on the system.

Motherboard - MSI Model MS-7366 Ver. 1.0

RAM - 4 GB DDR2-800 (2 sticks of 2 GB ea)

The Processor type is hidden, It is believed it was 3.2 and the Heat Sync / Processor Fan is as follows: Intel D60188-001 Socket 775 Copper Core Heat Sink Fan, which would work up to core 2 Duo E6300

I'm not sure if it's just too early, but I can not seem to figure out what PSU I need for this one. I'm thinking I should one run at 12v, based on the voltage on the fan, but just feel like I'm missing something. Advice?

In reference to first answer, I understand this, but if I have it sent as the wrong voltage I'm just gonna fry the PSU and/or other pieces on my system. That's a no go.

• Adrian
    Favorite Answer

PSU size depends a lot on what video card you have. If this is a stock system, built in video, andy good quality 450W supply should do. However, for a few bucks more, a 550W or so will give you some room to change video cards if you wish...

Any computer store will have standard PSU. Almost all motherboards have the same power connectors...

• linzey

no fan - followers can get skill from the motherboard (maximum probably) or direct from the skill grant . does the fan plug into the motherboard or between the leads from the skill grant? Your intel often controls the CPU fan (no longer consistently) so it quite is probably plugged into the mb. Case followers and skill grant followers may well be plugged without postpone into the skill grant and, of course, video card followers and different card followers get their skill during the cardboard. If the laptop boots and video comes on then skill grant is probably ok and your concern is with the MB or the fan itself. Case followers often bypass out slowly so faucet the blade with a pencil eraser to ascertain if it starts off. skill grant followers bypass all of sudden so whether it quite is no longer working you likely pick a clean skill grant.

For your specs a 500 watt should do. Me I used a 1,000 watt. I got 16GB of 1066 / Wins 7 Pro 64 / 4Gb graphics card / OC Intel cpu running 3.76ghz on Air Dual core and 2x 2tb hard drive. And blu ray Writer

• S

Look to the Corsair brand for warranty and long life. I own 2, a 400 watt and a 650. Heres links to get started.

• mathur

no fan - followers can get ability from the motherboard (maximum probably) or direct from the flexibility grant . does the fan plug into the motherboard or between the leads from the flexibility grant? Your intel generally controls the CPU fan (not continually) so that's probably plugged into the mb. Case followers and ability grant followers may well be plugged immediately into the flexibility grant and, of direction, video card followers and different card followers get their ability contained in direction of the cardboard. If the pc boots and video comes on then ability grant is probably ok and your project is with the MB or the fan itself. Case followers generally pass out slowly so faucet the blade with a pencil eraser to work out if it starts. ability grant followers pass unexpectedly so no remember if that's not working you likely choose a clean ability grant.