theists if you insist 'god' GAVE man freewill... then why don't YOU allow atheists USE the gift YOU say 'god'?

gave them?

i am not rallying for atheists or against theists... but for INTELLIGENT thought... if YOU believe something then why not act thusly? you say atheists think they are better than 'god', are you not behaving the SAME way, if YOU are insisting that atheists DO NOT use their freewill that GOD gave them???

PLEASE atheists AND theists respond back INTELLIGENTLY...

• imrod
    Favorite Answer

I am very supportive of atheists being able to choose to reject God. Free will is an act of love. That which we love we set free. And they are given freedom by God to reject him. I do feel we should at least suggest that there is an alternative though.

• RA

Just a point for clarification -- God gave Adam free will. Adam misused that gift, not in disbelief but in disobedience resulting in the fall.

The rest of us are born with free will, yes, but it is corrupted because of our fallen nature. No one chooses that which is contrary to their nature. A corrupted nature will make a corrupt choice.

Theists who are always touting free will are really acting like atheists (unwittingly, perhaps) because they refuse to recognize God's sovereignty. Or they are inventing some kind of new god who is not sovereign, a god who capitulates to a human understanding of human autonomy.

We don't really "choose" our beliefs. We just believe them. An atheist cannot ever "freely choose" Jesus Christ as their savior.

One would never choose as a savior one that he does not believe has the ability to save. Belief (faith) must precede any choice, and the Bible is crystal clear on it teaching that one is saved by faith (belief), not choice (works).

Technically, I cannot disallow an atheist to use anything. I could try, but there would be no point, same as there is no point in an atheist trying to convince me that because evidence points to no gods existing, that no gods indeed exist. The atheist will continue to do whatever he/she is doing, as will I.

Source(s): non-religious, spiritual Christian

I don't see a single 'theist' stopping any 'atheist' from exercising their freewill. If GOD allows them to do it, who am I to stop them?

your sporadic capitalization is distracting

ultimately, it's in christian doctrine that God's plan for everyone is the best plan. because of this, i observe that the happiest people that i know are christian. also, because of this, i observe that people going outside of God's will are much worse off, and even if they get a lot of stuff, a good salary, and a secure life, they aren't happy. i advocate people going with God because i want people to have that peace that God gives me. that's all.

The fool in his heart says there is no God.

Who is stopping you?

If they can't have something, they don't want anyone else to have it ex: abortion, gay marriage, fornication, swearing on TV, nudity on TV...... the list goes on.

wtf are you asking? Atheists have and use freewill. They freely choose to believe erroneously.