Home remedy for sinus pressure?

Hello,

I have never had allergies my whole life until about a year ago I started getting very bad sinus headaches whenever there is a change in air pressure (ex: when it's beautiful and sunny and then rains), and I was wondering if anyone had a home remedy to clear the nasal passages. Last July I had a severe sinus infection and I think since then I've had blockage in my ears and nasals and I need something that will clear them out. The headaches are in the middle of my forehead and right along the cheek bones under the eyes. Painkillers doesn't relieve the pain, and nothing really seems to cure it but sleep. Any advice?

I've already tried taking Tylenol Cold and Sinus to relieve the pressure, but I do not like the side effects. To be clear, I want something that will clear the passages, not relieve the pain temporarily. Thanks.

Omg yes! That's when I get them! Thanks:D

• Tigger
    Favorite Answer

I have a friend who can tell when a storm is moving in because she will get horrendous sinus headaches.

The best thing I can think of is steam, as in a hot shower or a hot drink. Try drinking ginger tea too, and if you're up to it eating something very spicy.

Good luck!

If your nose is stuffed up and bothering you, the BEST remedy, is to take a hot washcloth and lay on your side and place the hot cloth of the side of your face. It will clear your nostrils and sinuses out! Repeat for the other side!

Have you tried a Nettie pot? Look up "nasal irrigation" on Wikipedia. Everyone I have recommended one to loves it. I noticed they are for sale at CVS.