what if a bad guy breaks into the house and . . . .?

i was actually wondering, that, if, a robber or murderer or something broke into the house and . . .

ok, it's a bit complicated. so there are 6 floors of the house (including basement not including attic) and there is nobody home but a sister and her younger sister. (let's just say the younger sister's [which would be me] name is Jo and the older sister's would be May). So Jo is on the 3rd floor which is where the garage door opens to. May is on the 4th floor (a lot of stairs) and in a room on the far upright corner. on the 2nd floor, there is a door that Jo could easily exit out of to her backyard and easily escape to school property without anyone noticing her. so if a robber or murderer or something slowly crept through the garage door which enters the house (also the same level Jo is in), Jo could easily slip out from the 2nd floor. but May does not hear anything, so should Jo take the risk that they both could be killed by screaming, "May get out of the house! Come with me!" or should Jo risk that only May would be killed and Jo did not even warn her. on the 4th and 5th floor there is no way to exit it is too high to jump out the windows

thank you i want to be safe!

Update:

i'll try to make it simpler:

Jo hears someone break into the house but May doesn't know that. Should Jo escape by herself or should she shout for May even though the bad guy would probably hear them?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Ed
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

She should get to the door and then yell to you that there is someone in the house. Yell and scream all the way to the school if she wants. The more attention she attracts, the better it is. Why not be safer and have an adult there with a gun that can shoot someone breaking in. And where is the call to 9-1-1 in this scenario? If you get out and someone else is there, at least go to a neighbor or something and call the police. They might not make it in time, but hey, at least you tried. If they know you got out and you are going to call the cops, they will probably run away before they are caught.

• JZD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

As none of us know who Jo and May are, should we care?

Maybe the guy is homeless and needs a place to sleep.

Maybe he's Jo's ex come to try to broker a reconciliation.

Maybe he's come to read the meter but can't use the door for an obscure reason.

Personally I'd push all three out the window and let them take their chances.

• 4 years ago

You name police, they arrive, determine, do away with useless frame, in the event that they think you then you definitely keep, a few locations will take you down the town to be puzzled, but when a REAL case of self defence then you definitely might be well to move, this additionally relies on what state you are living in..........Florida has fortress legislation and I have a number of first-class weapons with a good goal..............

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sounds like you have been watching too much tv... haha.

Whoever is outside could yell at the "bad guy" and scare him away.

Or someone could call the popo

Or Person outside runs to the neighbors house (and hopefully they have a gun) for help

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What u gotta do is barricade the garage door so no thief can get in but if one did use walkie talkies =D oh and set bombs around the house but if the thief is a terrorist then.....

your screwed

Source(s): Me
  • 1 decade ago

This is way too long to read. Tell May to buy a gun and learn how to use it. Then if some scumbag breaks in, she can protect herself and her baby.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A good guy would break out of your house.

• 1 decade ago

What the **** are you talking about?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.