Music downloading to create cd?

I guess you could say that I'm computer stupid. I want to buy songs off of a website that I can download to my computer then burn to a CD. Is that legal? Where do I go to do that? I looked at rhapsody but it looks like you can only listen to the songs on the computer via their website. I don't have an ipod or mp3 or anything like that.

I am more than willing to buy the music. I would never dream of using the free / illegal ways to get the songs!

If I buy a song as an MP3 is it able to be put onto CD?

Favorite Answer

Tanner forgot to mention that Frostwire (or any other peer to peer method) is also a great way to download viruses. The money you save by not buying songs will probably be enough to replace the computer you destroy.

Tut tut, Tanner. Even suggesting downloading... Do you know how much that damages the industry?

You can buy music from iTunes or Amazon.co.uk/Amazon.com (as mp3 files for 79p a song), 100% legally. =]

Source(s): Musician, music lover, IT nerd. :P
  • Tanner

An easy legal way is to go and download Itunes. and from there, you can download music from the itunes store. you don't have to have an ipod to use it. you can also burn Cd's in it.

A free, but illegal, way is to download Frostwire and download music from there. then use Itunes to burn the cd.

Hope this Helps!!!