Does anyone feel like atheists have strengthened their beliefs?

i was frustrated that i couldn't find any good arguments against Christianity only mockery(OBVIOUSLY there are few exceptions).So i asked this:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201006...

I was so glad that there wasn't anything that coughs challenged coughs my beliefs.Most answers were nice speeches but points themselves weren't even....well they were just wrong(yes there are exceptions but most of them don't even come from the answers of this question)

So does anyone feel like atheists have done good service to us?

BTW IM QUITTING THIS CHRISTIANITY VS ATHEISM THING BECAUSE FRANKLY ITS GETTING SILLY AND IM BECOMING A BIT MORE BUSY BY THE MINUTE.I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO RECEIVE GOOD LUCK N BLESSINGS FROM PEOPLE IVE NEVER MET ON WHATEVER ELSE IM GOING TO DO(probably something related to writing or my school or the bible perhaps all of those things at one time i mean there's nothing wrong about being ambitious)

please first answer the question

quick note:I don't know what response ill get from Christians so the question is for them also rational atheist you can freely(and respectfully) state your opinion here.Tbh there isnt a good reason why i posted this question :) i guess its my hobby

wow i messed up that question...Should i delete it....Nope id rather receive hatefull answers(well deserved too) looks at the ground with shame....Then goes to do something completely different(only when finishes adding detail)

Red thanks for the sincerity but i THINK that i acknowledged my no value here when i said that no one knows me here

Xanzibar(is that how you spell it)

Its not for you to decide also why so careless theres nothing wrong about feeling sad about someone who answered and asked FEW questions and then left

to the one who called me a troll and the on who said that ive wasted lots of time

yes i kinda did and i guess you can call me that from this question

But i wanted to end this thing with a long question so here is your example of complete failure

remember kids DONT DO THIS AT HOME or youll lose all your friends

Andie

ur obviously much smarter than me

• Kate
    Favorite Answer

Oh, absolutely. I won't limit it to atheism, however - there are many people on both sides of the fence who fall into the ignorant and proud category and also many who don't.

I find that intelligence often has little to do with atheism vs. Christianity debates. A person can have all the intelligence in the world, but if they hinge their well-thought out arguments on a lie or misunderstanding, it holds no power. I've pulled away from these debates not only because those attacking the Bible have no actual understanding of what it says, but it seems that the vast majority of those trying to defend it have just as little knowledge of that book as those attacking it! It is a vicious circle, one that could only be resolved when both sides stop arguing and start studying things out for themselves.

The main thing that has strengthened my faith is ignorance and illogical arguments wrapped up in an "aha! gotcha there!" package. When I was coming across little more than put-downs wrapped up in fancy academic language with no factual backing, I decided it was time to study for myself.

Smart people can package both truth and lies in whatever fancy words they like in order to appeal to the masses or defeat their opponents. But there is only one God, and so far his are the only words that have stood the test of time and adversity. I put my trust in God, thank you.

• Dee D

No, Satan have been on his job for ages (Job 1:6-13) and is doing his lies of strenghtening, but yet weakening folks for damnation and hell (Revelations 21:8; 22:15)

We all know that there is a time and space for everything (Ecclesiastes 3;1-8), and then it comes to an end. We think because God has not done anything recently about our sin situation that He has left us to ourselves. This is not true. People die out of this life prematurely all the time. Nothing stays on this side of heaven, no not one!

God is a just God and He gives us free will, but that comes to an end and another generation is on the scene with the same ideas and thoughts about God and other peoples beliefs. No one accomplish any firm roots and groundings for their belief except those that have been chosen by the Lord God of Creation (True Believers in the Word of God). Many are chosen but few believe and receive it. (John 1)

"I'm quitting this christianity vs atheism thing because frankly it's getting silly..."

Yes, when you can't ever show any evidence for any of your supernatural claims, it is rather silly.

The "best" argument against christianity is that you have no evidence of any kind to show your outrageous claims are true. Therefore there's no reason to believe any of your claims.

You can claim "superiority" all you want to, but you're simply justifying your own delusional beliefs by doing so, and haven't accomplished anything. If that's how you want to live, good for you.

Peace.

You didn't seem to understand. The best argument against Christianity OR Islam or ANY religion is always the same argument, and you were told that argument and ignored it. Shall we tell you again?

Lack of evidence for the existence of a god, or gods.

Sure, there are plenty of inconsistencies, logical fallacies and contradictions in all the various 'holy' books, but what it really all boils down to is the assertion that there is a god, without objective evidence to support the assertion. If you can't or won't understand that simple idea, then your plan to stop the debate and stay in school is a good one.

Wow... you've made a really good point. You 'believe' (the ILLUSION of knowledge) that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who is his own father, can make you live forever if you submit to a magical soul-douching ceremony (complete with magical water, incantations and waving of hands), eat his flesh (genuine Grade-A God-meat, in the form of a cracker) and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a naive and innocent rib-girl was tricked by a malevolent entity (disguised a talking snake... with legs) into eating a piece of magical fruit from an enchanted tree... (etc.)... and that there is something horribly wrong with people who ARE NOT so stupid and gullible that they can be made to believe such outrageously ridiculous codswallop.

Who could POSSIBLY come up with a rational argument against THAT?

Source(s): sanity
  • mcveay

yet you are able to desire to no longer be extra incorrect!! for a start up all the different religions, which incorporates pagans stay in peace with atheists and are in basic terms attacked by ability of the christians!! yet who're the actual pagans now? Christianity outfitted their church homes on pagan websites, accompanied their places of worship alongside with their strategies and trappings of that worship alongside with Christmas, Easter and Halloween!! The Venerable Bede, an early Christian author talked approximately that the Christian church absorbed Pagan practices whilst it got here upon the inhabitants unwilling to provide up the gala's. subsequently an excellent style of what Christians now see as Christians practices are in actuality pagan and subsequently christians are a lot extra pagan than the individuals who now call themselves pagan!!!

if your beliefs have not been challenged, only strengthened then good luck to you

I was a member of 2 denominations for over 30 years before I found the truth,

and it didnt come from snarky comments on a website...

it gradually came with an understanding of human psychology, the psychology of belief, the psychology of deception and a better understanding of the basis of many religions.... especially the judeo-christian theism.

maybe one day you will be able to stand back and look at it all logically..... before you get mired down in the day-to-day ennui of your comfort zone of belief

as you might have noticed, and i shall summarize, the whole thing is simply a scenario of the least productive argument there is. with both parties leaving it only angry and more sure that they're right. it's a cruddy waste of time, especially if you know you're right and you don't intend for your mind to be changed, everyone goes into the arguments here like that.

Absolutely. Priests molesting children and God never intervening became atheism's most potent force. It emptied the Catholic Churches in Europe.

"was frustrated that i couldn't find any good arguments against Christianity only mockery"

Ridiculous beliefs require ridicule.

"I was so glad that there wasn't anything that coughs challenged coughs my beliefs."

So your lack of ability to understand the basic arguments against your faith is our problem? Sounds like a personal issue buddy.

"BTW IM QUITTING THIS CHRISTIANITY VS ATHEISM"

And nothing of value was lost.