How can one man try so hard yet accomplish so little?

Obama...

18 Answers

Relevance
  • LOL
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Obama hasn't been trying hard enough on the issues most important to Americans, unemployment and the economy. Instead of spending the country to death he should be working on ways to stop the tidal wave of money that's leaving the country. The trade deficit from "free trade" and the interest on the national debt paid tax free to foreign investors is killing the job market and the economy. Illegals send billions to their countries of origin, and billions more leave the country and go to foreign drug cartels. And Obama puts all his efforts into ramming the most expensive legislation in history down America's throat, whether most people want it or not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He has failed like a fox.

Actually he has almost accomplished the complete destruction of the nation, for the sake of accomplishing his political agenda and forcing it on others who have been rendered helpless and at his mercy.

Just like that Lincoln character did. Is it any wonder Obama compares himself to Lincoln?

His tactics are the same.

• Ken
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Others might feel differently

Passed Health Care Reform against staggering odds

Forged an Arms Reduction agreement with Russia

Reversed restrictions on stem cell research

Directed military leaders to end war in Iraq

Worked to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear

Appointed an assistant to the president for science and technology policy

Created a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Expanded loan programs for small businesses

Extended and indexed the 2007 Alternative Minimum Tax patch

Expanded eligibility for State Children’s Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP)

Expanded funding to train primary care providers and public health practitioners

Sent two additional brigades to Afghanistan

Granted Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba

Restored funding for the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (Byrne/JAG) program

Released presidential records

• CC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

What is absolutely baffling to me is yes he passed things, but what has changed. Wallstreet is flailing daily, the economy is suffering, consumer confidence has plummeted, the stimulus money is gone and we still have the highest unemployment in over 20 years! We have the highest foreclosure rates in 30 years, your right, he is an abject failure!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Its Washington You ram something down people's thought they don't like it He is being careful not to be like George W. Bush with Tax Cuts to The rich, Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the No Response to Katrina He is not going to do the same as Bush.

• 1 decade ago

You are one-half right. He has accomplished little. He is not trying hard...especially on the Gulf oil spill problem.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

President Bush left him with allot to take care of. He really does not have the say so the House of Representatives do. They pass the bill not him.

• 1 decade ago

I think the health care reform act is a pretty big accomplishment if you ask me.

• Ezz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

That's the same feeling I get talking to Republicans on Y!A everyday....

By the way. Healthcare? Financial Refo-

I couldn't even finish that last one without cracking up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

HEY! It's not easy ruining a country from the golfing greens. He needs two guys to carry his teleprompter in case he needs to make a quick speech.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.