Best way to predict when you are going to go into labor?

I am 37 weeks, 3 cm dilated 50% effaced and have been having plenty of braxton hicks. My first baby was born at 37 weeks i was 3 cm dilated, and my water broke. Does this mean my water is more likely to break again? Will i go all the way to 40 weeks (i hope not i have back injuries and i am in very bad pain!)

• Favorite Answer

My water broke on its own the first time at 39 weeks. The second time I was dilated to 3cm at 35 weeks, 4cm at 36 weeks and they had to break my water for me at the hospital when my labor stalled at 7cm. I was 37w6d when I delivered him. There is just no way to know. Its best for the baby to stay in as long as possible so you will just have to suck it up until baby decides he or she is ready!

You can't. You can predict all you want, but there is no best way. Since your water broke with your first does not mean yours will break this time. It's still just as much the guessing game with your labor and delivery as it was the first time. With my first I was 3cm 60% effaced for two weeks. With my second I was 4cm 80% effaced and delivered the next day. So it all varys. STart walking long well paced walks.

• There is no way to predict. If this is a subsequent pregnancy you might not make it, but either way no one really knows. Some women stay 3cm dilated and 50% effaced and wind up having to be induced after their due date. It doesn't mean your water is likely to break again.

lol sorry, would you give me a thumbs up if I told you what you wanted to hear rather than the fact?

Labor is 100% unpredictable

when ur contractions start gettin really hard and u cant stop them also u have the green mucus plug come out can also be red