any tips on what piece of clothing to buy 1st on any regular occasion?

like if you are buying all things...like new pants and or skirts, some new shoes and blouses.

wouldnt the pants and skirt go 1st? I know is an odd question but I am starting to think I am failing at this.. I mean I dont dress bad but could do better! :)

Favorite Answer

When I go out to buy new outfits and such my philosophy is buy the shoes then the outfit because you could buy this amazing outfit but when you're looking for shoes to go with it you can't so you settle for something okay.

Source(s): personal experience

If I'm buying a completely new wardrobe (not that I would), I'd pick a few classic pieces from all categories.

If I'm just adding to an existing wardrobe, I buy more of the item I think I'm lacking. For example, I have only two skirts, so if I were to go shopping, I would be looking out for skirts first and foremost.