Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

how long will I need braces for?

I am 17 years old, and have been told today that my canine tooth is still a baby one, and I will need to get it taken out and then given braces to push the adult canine down into it's place, does anyone know how long approximately I will need the braces for, as I can't see my dentist til next week.

Favorite Answer

Probably 1-1/2-2+ years..

ooooooohhhhhh, I have braces. And I am 14. But because your 17, you have your wizdom teeth. But you will have to get them out, so they can get the brace in. The period of time you have your braces in will vary for everyone. It depends how bad your teeth are. It could be as short as 6-7 months. Or 4+ years. 3 of my friends have and had braces, one of my friends who had them, she had hers in for 1 year and 1/2. And another one of my friend had them in for 9 months. And I have got a friend now, and she has had them for nearly 2 years, and will probabily have to have them in for a lot longer.

Hi, Usually varies depending how much work is needed but expect it to take about 2 yrs. Hope this helps but yr dentist can be more exact.

i would have to say i really don't know but i would guess about a year or two i mean it does take time to get the teeth to come down but it just depends on how quick your mouth develops.