Why does my spell check come on every time I spell Obama?

Some of the suggested spellings are Obadiah, Obadias, and Bamako. So am I missing something, I mean am I really misspelling the presidents name?

Favorite Answer

You are not misspelling the Prez' name. Obama is not in the dictionary so system thinks you are spelling a word incorrectly and suggests other spellings. YOu can correct this by adding Obama to your online dictionary, for example, a word processing's internal dictionary.

Source(s): Microsoft Word prompt

This is simply because Obama is an uncommon name and is not placed in the dictionary of whatever language you are using (ill assume its english). To fix this, you simply right click on Obama when it is underlined in red and select "add to dictionary".

Hope that helped : D

Ah well, such is the nature of the spell check, every time I write my sons name the computer wants to change it to Insane. Perhaps it knows more than it's letting on??

Right-click on the word and select "Add to Dictionary."

no you are okay.