Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

I was wanting to know if this is this true or not?

I heard year's ago that if you draw three X's on the outside of a door and knock three times

on it, That who ever is on the other side of that door won't be able to get out because it's locked

or something? If you know or have heard about this let me know or post a link.

Favorite Answer

I'm almost positive its just a myth, since you never actually touched the lock. But anything is possible!

• ?

What you describe is part of an old protection spell used when invoking a less than benevolent spirit. It doesn't work on physical doors in this plane of existence but rather as a way of allowing contact with someone or something from another plane without risking turning loose on our world.

I've never heard of that. Took a picture from my base that is famously haunted that had 3 white X's across the library door. You can always try it.

Ive heard when a black cat walks in front of your car that you make 3 X's with your finger on the windshield that you wont have bad luck!

no, it isn't. Try it as proof. If you are scared it will work, use a room with a window, or 2 doors.

y dont you go try it?

Tried it... its horseshit.