How do Christians explain Mark 11:24 since it doesn't work today?

Is that finally proof this is all fake?

Mark 11:24

That is why I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours.

Favorite Answer

Not even close. Billions of people pray. About 5% of them believe. You can't just ask for something and expect to receive it. Christianity is a religion based solely on faith.

I believe this scripture is not to be taken for literally, it is meant as a mean to place faith in what you pray for, as long as it is not for worthless endeavor, e.g praying for lots of money or a new car, it is referring to the faith you must place in God and how as long as you maintain your faith and do his will, then blessings will appear in many different forms, e.g promotion, or any means by which you are better off. What you pray for may not be answered within the hour, instead it may be subtly answered over a period of time or through another means, remember, God works in mysterious ways. Anyway i believe your wrong with the statement about it being "proof this is all fake", look around you, the fact your even typing on this computer is evidence of a god, who created all the atoms and electrons, etc?? Anyway that's another story ;)

It does "work today"! The problem comes in that being imperfect and impatient humans, we don't always understand or like the answer. Especially when sometimes the answer is "no" or "not right now."

• kaz716

Fail. It does work today; I have been blessed with many things I've prayed to God for.

It does work.

True to form, you think you can ignore 2000 pages of the Bible and 3 years of Jesus teaching...and just snatch a verse....You would make a good snake-handler if you'd keep your mouth shut.

You are mistaken.

God very much still answers prayers.

I have found that whatsoever I ask according to God's will, He does grant it. Maybe what you ask is against God's will?

• no because it says right there that you need to believe you have received it, people don't usually believe that anymore

If it is God's will it will work.