If God always existed then how long did he wait before creating the universe?

And if he waited eternity into the past, doesn't that mean the universe could have never existed because he has waited forever before making the universe? If he had a numbered amount of time before creating everything, how can he be eternal?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

And the ridiculous atemporal (and acausal) responses to follow:

Too bad they will never realize that an atemporal entity can never be causal unless it becomes temporal, that is to say it itself 'begins to exist'.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Time was created when God created the universe. God exists outside the constraints of time so there is no way to measure "how long did he wait".

• 1 decade ago

how does choosing when he will do somehing change his eternal nature? anyways, back to your question, the answer is, he created time along with everything else, that is why the question "how old is God?" is void, therefor, he didn't ait any time at all, time started ticking when he told it to.

• 1 decade ago

The answer is simple, He waited until he got bored with nothing and then made something. Any more detail then that and you end up with the inevitable paradoxes of time space physics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i don't think there was time until God created the universe. i also think God created logic, and some things our human brains can"t comprehend

• 1 decade ago

Time and Space are illusions.... and so is the separation between us.

• 1 decade ago

My brain just exploded ('n it warn't from the moonshine neither.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.