C asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

yahoo/internet is the only thing running slow on my computer, just started, won't bring up things like search?

problem started two days ago, can't get facebook, when I run a search, it locks my mouse up and then can't bring up any of the searches etc. This only happens in yahoo, I haven't tried google etc.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Download the internet browser called Google Chrome . Its by far the fastest web browser and is really simple :D

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Restart PC in safe mode by tapping F-8 key, choosing "Last Known Good Configuration" from menu.

Next reset IE8 to Defaults in Options, Advanced, use Hitman Pro, ccleaner and restart PC...This is a basic fix for a lot of annoying-little quirks...

• Jamie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you're Internet connection is slower than usual, perhaps you should try clearing your browser's cookies and cache.

If you would like to clear your browser's cookies and you're using Internet Explorer 8, you can do so by going to Tools and then to Internet Options.

From there, you should click on the "Delete..." button under the "Browsing history" section of the "General" tab, where you should be able to delete things, such as your temporary Internet files, cookies, history, as well as other things.

If you would like to clear your cookies and are using Mozilla FireFox, you can do so by going to Tools and then to "Clear Recent History...".

From there, you should click on the arrow next to "Details" where you should be able to delete things, such as your cookies, cache, browsing and download history, as well as other things.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you should try running the "Diagnose and repair" tool if you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 by going to the Control Panel and then clicking on "Network and Internet".

From there, you should click on "View network status and tasks" under the "Network and Sharing Center" section.

After you've done that, you should click on "Diagnose and repair" in the right sidebar under "Tasks" to run the "Diagnose and repair" tool, which may be able to help you determine what's wrong with your Internet connection.

If that still doesn't work, perhaps you should try resetting your router by unplugging it for about fifteen seconds or so and then plugging it back in.

If you are still having problems with the speed of your Internet connection, perhaps you should run both an antivirus scan, as well as an antispyware scan, just to be sure that this problem isn't being caused by a computer virus or other malicious file or program.

If you need a free antivirus program, I would recommend that you try using Microsoft Security Essentials, which can be downloaded from the link below.

http://microsoft.com/Security_Essentials

If you need a free antispyware program, perhaps you should try using MalwareBytes, which can be downloaded from the link below.

http://malwarebytes.org/

Also, perhaps you should try using Mozilla FireFox, which is a free browser that is safer than Internet Explorer and can be downloaded from the link below.

http://mozilla.com/

Good luck and I hope I helped you!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

send feedback to yahoo down below on the link...voting has been messed up for over 10 days.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Have u tried, from ie8, tools, internet options, advance, reset?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.